Saturday, October 16, 2010

She's got markers, so...

Keep an eye on her, Mike.  That's what I said. That's what I meant. Eva loves to draw with markers, but she's 2.5 years old, so (DUH) it's best to have a "grown-up" there to keep tabs on the process. That's why I said (in case you missed it), "She's got markers, so keep an eye on her, Mike".  His very matter of fact, "ok" made me trust that he understood. Clearly, I had far too much confidence in his understanding, because he, in fact, did not understand. This is what transpired in the 2 minutes mom was not there and she was under daddy's watchful eye.

The camera happened to be right next to me so I grabbed it after looking at Mike and saying, 
"Seriously? Look at Eva!" 
How could I not capture this moment?

She was sitting ON the art table which is situated perfectly in front of a large mirror- NICE. 
I think Mike might be thinking something like, "Oh sh*t! How did that happen so fast!?" 
Welcome to parenthood, especially with toddlers :)

At this point, I think I said something like, 
"take the marker from her!!! oh my goodness, get it together!"

Daddy was getting a kick out of how well she got that marker into her belly button.

Somehow Mommy ended up giving her a bath. 
She had also gotten the back of her neck, under her hair, quite nicely. 

The water got dark blue by the time we were done. 
It was unreal, but the camera was no longer nearby, so I didn't get to capture it. 

I got this shirt perfectly white. Thank you Crayola washable markers. They are indeed very washable :) I suppose that's part of the lesson. If you have any markers that are not not washable NOT locked away in a freakin' safe and you have kids under the age of 6 in your house, you are not very smart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice. For future. Dry erase markers wash off very easily and come out of clothes with no extra stain remover. Not that I know from experience or anything;)

Sarah C said...

oh my gosh. at least she stayed "within the lines"...you know...not on the walls :)

Welcome!

We're the Wells family. We currently consist of Michael (husband and daddy), Lauren (wife and mama), Evangeline (daughter and princess), and Samuel (son and prince). We live a pretty simple life loving the many blessings that God grants us each and every day.
Mike is a genius carpenter/contractor and works throughout neighboring counties. Lauren stays at home with Eva and Sam most of the time, but works a few days a week as a therapist.
More than anything else, we love being together as a family- trips to the gardens, swimming at Grammie and Papa's house, and bike rides & walks are probably our most frequent activities. We're surrounded by our family (siblings and parents); they all live within 30 minutes of us!
That's us in a nut shell.
We're thankful you dropped by our site!