Monday, September 12, 2011

Update on the home front :)

Well, once again, I have neglected the blog. I am really the world's worst blogger, but I just can't bear to shut it down because it's such a nifty little place where I have documented a lot of what has gone on in the past couple of years.

So anyhow, I have also been doing some more projects around here. Here are a few pics of the latest :)

FAMILY PRAYER BOARD





 RUG
before 
(Ikea 6x9 Erslev rug, white)

after* 
(I dyed it navy blue in the bath tub- trust me, it was not a fun process)

**there will also be another after because I am also painting it, because it has not been enough of a pain in the A** yet.

JEWELRY FRAME w/lace and hooks
before
(lovely heart print with pink frame, Goodwill)

 print removed, with the lace

after
(this all came out of my jewelry box- 
now there is actually room for the other stuff in there, which is finer chains, pendants and bracelets)



What can I say? I am a sucker for a cheap, fun, useful project, which all of these are :)

1 comment:

Faith said...

love that you are doing so many little projects. i having at least 20 projects ready to begin. wishing i was doing one of those today instead of putting our bathroom back together after the plumber pulled my entire closet apart.
keep crafting. it's inspiring!

Welcome!

We're the Wells family. We currently consist of Michael (husband and daddy), Lauren (wife and mama), Evangeline (daughter and princess), and Samuel (son and prince). We live a pretty simple life loving the many blessings that God grants us each and every day.
Mike is a genius carpenter/contractor and works throughout neighboring counties. Lauren stays at home with Eva and Sam most of the time, but works a few days a week as a therapist.
More than anything else, we love being together as a family- trips to the gardens, swimming at Grammie and Papa's house, and bike rides & walks are probably our most frequent activities. We're surrounded by our family (siblings and parents); they all live within 30 minutes of us!
That's us in a nut shell.
We're thankful you dropped by our site!