Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blogs you should be reading

I'm over-choosey about what blogs I read. I don't have time to follow very many, so I want to read only those that edify me in some way. Here are two blogs that you should be reading. I promise

1- Under the Sycamore by Ashley Ann Campbell. I've been following her for about 2 years now, I think. Her most recent post sums up my feelings about what I strive to teach my kids perfectly. She is amazing and inspiring. At the very least, read this post.

2- Forever a Family by Alison Lake. She is an amazing young mom and I know her because she was in my small group Bible Study a few years ago. She is walking through one of the most difficult situations I could ever imagine. It makes my "infertility story" seem like a cake walk. You MUST read her story because it is the most amazing picture of what it looks like to give God all the glory, to rely on Him completely, and to have mountain-moving faith all while traveling through an immensely painful journey. You will be challenged and you will be blessed. Start at the bottom. There are only 5 posts- it's a brand new blog, so it won't take very long.

1 comment:

rae said...

Thanks so much for sharing the blogs. I'm completely moved by Ali's resounding love and faith.

Welcome!

We're the Wells family. We currently consist of Michael (husband and daddy), Lauren (wife and mama), Evangeline (daughter and princess), and Samuel (son and prince). We live a pretty simple life loving the many blessings that God grants us each and every day.
Mike is a genius carpenter/contractor and works throughout neighboring counties. Lauren stays at home with Eva and Sam most of the time, but works a few days a week as a therapist.
More than anything else, we love being together as a family- trips to the gardens, swimming at Grammie and Papa's house, and bike rides & walks are probably our most frequent activities. We're surrounded by our family (siblings and parents); they all live within 30 minutes of us!
That's us in a nut shell.
We're thankful you dropped by our site!