Monday, January 16, 2012

2 years of Sam

My littlest munchkin turns 2 today. What an incredible adventure these 2 years have been. Samuel has enriched our lives tremendously. I'm always amazed at how even the smallest children (even those who speak no intelligible words), can challenge us and teach us and bless us in such huge ways. Samuel has certainly done that. Thus far, the journey has certainly not been easy.
Challenges abound along the road. But, he can change all the frustration or discouragement or irritation you are feeling with one grin, one snuggle, one belly laugh, one garbled string of "words". Samuel is boy through and through and I am so grateful.
He loves to be wild, to be thrown higher than high, to be bounced, or wrestled, or swung upside down, to jump from inappropriate heights for a 2 year old. Hence, the ungodly number of black eyes and busted lips. He will hurl himself off the diving board- a water lover, yet hates having his hair washed and rinsed. Sam thrives on being around people he loves- always wanting more time with cousins. He loves trucks and trains and his winding race car track. There is no "medium" with Sam. He is either full-speed ahead or laser focused and still. He has tantrums with wild animal like ferocity; strong willed to his core.
He loves his sister, delights in his daddy, and adores his mama. He survives on Goldfish, crackers, peanut butter, and smoothies. His blanket is his constant companion. He often doesn't sleep through the night, and still drinks his milk from a bottle. He is not "normal", and I mean that in the best way you can imagine. He is unique and gifted and special beyond words. He is my son. My beautiful "melt me in an instant with his morning smile" boy.
I'm so blessed to spend my days with this little man. My Sam.
**Here are a very very short videos that just make me smile. They are horrible quality and even though my husband constantly reminds me to turn my phone sideways, I always forget and thus, the skinny vertical ones that are even worse :)




Sam's birth day


Sam, 1 year old


Sam, 2nd birthday



No comments:

Welcome!

We're the Wells family. We currently consist of Michael (husband and daddy), Lauren (wife and mama), Evangeline (daughter and princess), and Samuel (son and prince). We live a pretty simple life loving the many blessings that God grants us each and every day.
Mike is a genius carpenter/contractor and works throughout neighboring counties. Lauren stays at home with Eva and Sam most of the time, but works a few days a week as a therapist.
More than anything else, we love being together as a family- trips to the gardens, swimming at Grammie and Papa's house, and bike rides & walks are probably our most frequent activities. We're surrounded by our family (siblings and parents); they all live within 30 minutes of us!
That's us in a nut shell.
We're thankful you dropped by our site!