Monday, February 7, 2011

Love Love Love

Me and Valentine's day...
There is nothing to say really. I let it pass every year without thinking much of it honestly, and, neither does Mike. And, it doesn't hurt either of our feelings. We love each other- a lot. Like, a lot-a lot. We don't have much money. Like, very little-very little. Spending money on Christmas gifts doesn't get high priority, so Valentine's Day? PLEASE! I am pretty sure I'd be pissed if he brought home some expensive gift. I am pretty sure I'd make him take it back (of course, I would say this all in a very nice way and tell him how thankful I was for the gesture).
But, now we have kids. One of them is in school. Do you know what this means?
IT MEANS I CANNOT IGNORE VALENTINE'S DAY ANYMORE!
At least for a dreadfully long time. Since I could not bear the thought of going to the grocery store and buying those little Valentine's that have little cards with some character on them, we headed to JoAnn's to see what we could find for a bargain AND a fun little craft for our winter-blah feeling (which we have all been experiencing lately). I think we spent $9- that includes the candy (for 9 Valentine's) and the mugs for the teachers.
We had fun, so I'm embracing Valentine's Day.
Well, that might be going too far. I'm trying to :)






They are cute, huh? I kinda want one myself...

1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

so stinkin cute! i LOVE them! and what a cute gift!

oh, and thanks for the blog...i needed a smile :)

Welcome!

We're the Wells family. We currently consist of Michael (husband and daddy), Lauren (wife and mama), Evangeline (daughter and princess), and Samuel (son and prince). We live a pretty simple life loving the many blessings that God grants us each and every day.
Mike is a genius carpenter/contractor and works throughout neighboring counties. Lauren stays at home with Eva and Sam most of the time, but works a few days a week as a therapist.
More than anything else, we love being together as a family- trips to the gardens, swimming at Grammie and Papa's house, and bike rides & walks are probably our most frequent activities. We're surrounded by our family (siblings and parents); they all live within 30 minutes of us!
That's us in a nut shell.
We're thankful you dropped by our site!